Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Falling for Fall




Fall is finally in the air and I love it! I also like to change up the decor a little with the seasons. 
The older I get, I choose comfort... This is  a prop your feet up kind of room (these are slip covers) ;)
The candle & rose hips are from Dutchman's...my favorite shop on St. Simons.  


This is my table... The napkins were a gift from my BBFL, Claudia. (Coleman's Gifts in Eastman). I love a touch of Country French. 

Claudia also gave me the Lion and the Lamb, one of my favorite pieces that I keep out year-round. 


My dining room is rarely used and my plans are to make it more comfortable and less formal. It's one of the few rooms that I haven't changed since acquiring my Grandmother's house. Those are the original curtains that she had made, I'm guessing 30 plus years ago. Eventually I plan to pull up the carpet and paint, but I kind of want to keep the drapes ..., just because. 
Lazy fall days with the candles burning are the best- says Lucy Belle. 

My wreath by Marlas Williamson at Southern Acents.  It makes me smile. And notice the plaque down by the door... It says Believe in Miracles. I keep that at the door because I am one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment